CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 21, 2005

Working out

Ok so today I worked out. I had made an appointment at the Y to try their fitstart program, basicaly they ask what your goals are and help you start a work out program. So we talk for a bit and then he takes me over to the bikes. We set the timer for 2 0 min. Ok 20 min of biking I can handle this. And it is not so bad. I dont feel like dying and no one is looking at me and I dont look like a big wimp by falling off the bike in complete exaustion. Then he shows me the eliptical. 25 min. Well I just did 20 on the bike this is only 5 min longer. I managed that well enough. Again no falling off in complete exaustion. So I do this for a week and then I go back on monday and we add some new things.

I guess I was always worried that everyone else there would be fit as a fiddle and i would look clumsy and out of place. But no there are people there of all shapes and sises. I saw a man who was obviously in the later years of his life. He walked quite slow and kind of crouched down like my grandmother used to do. He was working on out what looked like some sort of rowing machine. I really admired the dedication it would take to go and work out when you are older and your body isint quite what it used to.

Anyway I left the ymca today with a little more confidence and motivation then I went in with.

0 comments: