CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 28, 2005

A Trip To The Doctors

Ok I called Health link today and because Ryans Fever had been carrying on for 3 or 4 days she said I should take him in to get looked at. We went to the medi clinic on 51st and calgary trail. I am always a little nervous going to mediclinics because you never know what doctor you are going to get.

The waiting room was in dire need of vacuuming, maybe it is just because of the construction going on next door but there was dirt chunkies and it just seemed dirtier then a doctors office should be. It is hard when you have a kid who wants to run around and play.

Well after not too horrible of a wait we get in and the nurse says Dr. Smith will be in soon. Dr. Smith walks in with his head kind of down the way doctors always seem to do when they walk in a room. First impression, by the way he carries himself he looks like he knows what he is doing. Then he looks up. I know him. Worst of all I know him from the singles ward. I didnt know him well but I knew who he was. He cant be more then a few years older then me. Maybe as much as ten but I doubt it. What the heck is someone I knew in the singles ward doing as a doctor. All I can think is "I am so glad I am not here for me". What do you say to someone you know "Hey how are you doing? How are the kids? And by the way I have this itch". I think I would have to ask for someone else.

Anyway he looks at my warm little boy tells me to give him tylenol, make sure he is getting liquids and tells me it is just a virus thing. He says the vomiting is because kids that age have trouble with mucus.

As I leave I cant help but wonder if I should ask for someone older.

I guess I am 27 and someone who was older in the singles ward could very well be a doctor by now, very plausible but sometimes I forget that we all grow up.

0 comments: