CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Drumheller

We took the kids today to Drumheller and the Tyrell museum (disoor nooseum as breanna calls it). It was a day very well spent. Breanna LOVED IT. She of course has been talking about it since we told her it was happening. This morning after I finished braiding Breannas hair I told her she was beautiful and that dinosaurs liked to eat beautiful girls. I then realised that this may not a be a good idea and told her that dinosaurs wont eat her then she ran around telling us over and over again. "Dinosars dont eat me!" She then got the idea the her milk was in danger and began telling us "Dinosaurs going to take my milk away!" We assured her that would not happen either. We needent have worried that she would be afraid.

As soon as she saw the first dinosaur skeletons on display it was "Look at this dad look at this!" She took dad around and showed him everything. I usualy enjoy reading the information that they have about the animals and the times they lived in but with a two year old it is hard. You do have an oppourtunity to look at the experience in a different light. She sees everything wich such wonder. There was one skeleton she saw and said that the dinosaur was scary we told her that if a dinosaur scared her to just roar at it. She did and that was it for the scary dinosaur.

Ryan is still young to realise that what was going on so he was just carried around and ran around playing (with his pants falling off his skinny hips the whole time of course.) Both kids were not to fond of being wheeled around so there were empty strollers with us where ever we went. I had my brother and sister with us though so there were always ample people to watch kids and strollers.

We also went to see the Hoo Doos which Jon says are pathetic compared to the ones in By Duchess which is in southern Alberta.

All in all it was a great day and everyone had fun. I love taking the kids new places to see new things. I cant wait till Ryan too is old enough to take it in with the same wonder Breanna does. So we did the zoo and the dinosaur museum, where to go next I wonder.

0 comments: