CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 09, 2005

Beauty and the Beast

Shortly after the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast came out I purchased the collectors set. Complete with book and video about the making, a lithograph and the video itself. The video I kept unopend for sometime (you know it might be worth something and it was kind of sentimental) After a while the cellophane came off the plastic case was a little crunched in a place or two but the tab over the opening remained intact.

Jon has tried to convince me to use that video for the entirety of our marriage. You know the celophane is gone and it is dented so it would not be worth anything anymore. I just couldnt do it. It was personal and sentimental. Today as we were putting some movies away Breanna started to tear the tab. At first I pressed it back. Then I did something I did not realize I was ready to do. I gave her the movie and told her to rip off the tab.

Tomorow morning my little girl and I will watch Beauty and the Beast together for her first time. Mom of course will sing along while she laughs and enjoys every moment of it. All this time it was not being saved to be a collectors item it was saved just for this, for me and my little girl. So she can love that movie just as much as I did. And still do.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, Kari Lynn...I feel so close to you right now.

Watching Beauty and the Beast is better than camping in my book!

Kim Siever said...

Better than camping? The nerve!