CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A little story

So we are on the way home and I stop at the grocery store with my sister and kids in the van. I hop out and run in while they wait.

After I finish my quick shop I walk back to the van and see the front seat is empty and think: hmm the kids are probably grumpy and Naomi had to go into the back to help them. Then as I get closer to the van I realize that the babies seat is not where it usually is and I begin to panic. I start to hyperventilate as the unthinkable has actually happened, one of my worst fears. I slap my hands on the window and press my face into the glass as I realize that I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY BABY.

With my face pressed into the window I look at the other seats in the van and notice something peculiar, they are empty as well. I then notice a brown leather purse. I don't own a brown leather purse. There are no car seats in this car. I pull away from the window and look to the other side of the parking lot where my van is actually parked and I walk toward it.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

bwhahahaha...Oh my gosh...can't stop laughing. But of course...very happy you didn't lose your children. That would have been dreadful.

I've gone to twin vehicles before and wondered why my button didn't unlock the doors only to see my car patiently waiting a few cars down. Oops.

Tonikka said...

hey at least while you were looking with your face pressed to the window no one was staring back at you, ha ha, i totally can see you doing that!

Janna said...

Oh, that's hilarious, Heather! So funny.

Janna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Leavitt said...

that is such a great story. I can totally picture you during the whole process. I think we have all done somethign similar at one point or another. You are great H.....

Tanis, said...

Heather,
It is stories like that that make me wish I was still living next to you. You are so funny.

Krystin said...

oh, dang!!! you crack me up...
lucky for me, it is hard for me to mistake our truck...since we have 3 flags on our back window...
you are too funny!!!

Kristy said...

Glad the story had a happy ending!! Hysterically funny!