CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 05, 2009

She gets it from her Aunt

Breanna wanted to wear her "high heels" today. They are a pair of black dress shoes with a bit of a heel we found them at a second hand store and they dont quite fit yet. She has not worn them really because they are not comfortable for her because they are still a little too large. Anyhow she put them on today and proudly exclaimed:

"mom! they dont hurt when I wear them anymore!"

I thought for a moment of the sacrifices of comfort girls will make for the sake of fashion. Me: I am kind of fashion negligent, I would make a great candidate for the show "What not to wear". As far as shoes go I appreciate them for their funcionality and while I can apprecieate a cute pair of shoes I dont really go all out for them. Which is why it came as a complete suprise to me when Breanna said to me next:

"Mom, dont you think the shoes really complete the dress?"

My tom-boy girl seems to have a bit of girly girl in after all. she dosent get it from me, but maybe I can learn from her one day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI HEATHER: I JUST LOVE READING YOUR BLOGS; THEY ARE SO FUNNY AND SO DOWN TO EARTH, AND YOUR KIDS ARE HILARIOUS. I CAN'T IDENTIFY WITH THE SHOE THING, BECAUSE I SIMPLY LOVE SHOES, AND HAVE AT ONE TIME ACTUALLY HAD OVER 20 PAIRS!!!HOWEVER I DID BUCKLE UNDER AND GET RID OF A LOT OF THEM...BUT ONLY SO I COULD BUY MORE!!! ROSEMARIE AKA KARI-LYNN'S MUM

Laura Leavitt said...

that is so funny. Who would have guessed that Breanna was going to be so girly. Chantel told me the other day that she wants side bangs because it is the fashion. I hate hearing her talk like that. The last thing I want her thinking about is that.