CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us.

I'm not too good with surprises. When I am excited about something I have a hard time keeping it in. Well I have tested myself this year and managed to pull it off. Pretty much everyone knew about it but the one person who I needed to keep it from didn't: Jon. And as long as he was surprised that was all that matters.

Mid January I booked a room at the Fantasy land hotel for our anniversary (OK about a week after our anniversary). I had never been away from the kids over night except when I was in the hospital having a baby. Jon even suggested a couple of weeks later that we do something like that and I had to clench my fists grit my teeth and tell him I was not ready to leave Skyler over night yet. I lied to him when I told him his sister was coming into town and he needed to get the day off. I lied to when I told him I would call her the day before and see when they were getting in. I lied to him when I told him she was not feeling well and might not be able to come ( I was trying to keep him from getting Breanna excited about them coming). I lied to him when he called to see how long it would be before we picked him up from work. I told him we were just leaving my sisters work when I was really at home dropping my kids and sister off.

I actually feel kind of guilty reading that. I'm really not a pathological liar!

The look of confusion on his face when he got in the car was priceless. I told him that my sister had said she would watch the kids for the evening and we could do whatever we wanted. When we got to the parking lot at the mall I accidentally took the wrong ramp. I said I should have gone down and he asked why. "because that is where the front desk sign says" he was so confused. Then he was like "you don't have a hotel room booked!" Why yes I do. It was great I totally surprised him twice in one day.

We had the greatest time. We went to dinner, went window shopping, hung out in the hot tub, went on a midnight walk through the mall and across the street with no jackets for chicken nuggets only to discover that McDonalds was closed, had nachos from room service at 1 in the morning, slept without kids to wake us up and had a nice breakfast before we went home the next morning. I cant wait to do it again.

7 comments:

Krystin said...

so much fun!!! I am impressed you kept that a secret...I don't think I could tell that many lies to Will to surprise him...lol

Nikki said...

Miss Heather...I am so impressed. I knew you could do it and the pay off sounds worth it! here's to many more tricky rendezvous in the future for you two...

Anonymous said...

a truly strong marriage needs a little deceit now and then...lol...good job with the secret...

Tonikka said...

Awww how sweet, i think you did awesome, hopefully you had a great time.... im so jealous #1 because you had a romantic night (my hubby would NOT do that)#2 you were able to leave the baby, we need to have a little talk with avery,,,,

Laura Leavitt said...

your comment about you no tbeing a pathological liar is soooo funny. I am so glad it all worked out and you got to go have a tremendous time. I hope we can do that soon. you have one great sister.I am so impressed you kept that secrete.

Lara said...

Good for you!!! Keep up with the tradition!!

Kristy said...

What else did you do Heather?? LOL - don't answer that!!